Ajay Devgan was born on April 2, 1969, in a Punjabi family in Delhi. He originally hails from Amritsar, Punjab. Ajay Devgan’s birth name is Vishal Devgan. He has ruled the hearts of people all over the world by doing superhit films with many actors and actresses of Hindi cinema. Ajay Devgan’s film career started with the film ‘Phool Aur Kaante’ which was a superhit film. The entry made by him on two motorcycles in this film remains a topic of discussion till date.
His father Veeru Devgan was also a stuntman and action film director of Hindi films. Ajay’s mother Veena Devgan had produced some films.
According to the news published in a magazine, when Karishma came into Ajay’s life, Ajay was dating Raveena at that time, but Ajay, who was in love with Karishma, betrayed Raveena. But alas, Karishma and Ajay’s relationship also did not last long and Kajol came in their life. After this Ajay Devgan married the famous actress Kajol in 1999 . Ajay and Kajol’s pair was first seen in the 1995 film “Hustle”.
He was not taken seriously as an actor because after Phool Aur Kaante, Ajay Devgan did films like Platform, Sangram, Shaktimaan, Bedardi, Kanoon in which he had to do only fight scenes. Sensing the time, Ajay took a U-turn and did Mahesh Bhatt’s film ‘Zakhm’. After this he was considered as the best actor and later Ajay also did comedy films.
Till now he has done more than 110 films. He has won many awards, including two National Film Awards and four Filmfare Awards. In 2016, the Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest award.
Ajay Devgan brief biography of – Ajay Devgan Biography
|Birth||2 April 1969|
|place of birth||in a Punjabi family in Delhi|
|Father||Veeru Devgan (Stunt Director)|
|Sister||Neelam Devgan and Kavita Devgan|
|Marriage||24 February 1999|
|Habitat||Mumbai Maharashtra, India|
|School||Silver Beach High School, Juhu, Mumbai|
|education qualification||Graduation (B.Com.)|
|profession||Actor, director and producer|
|film debut||Flowers and Thorns (22 November 1991)|
10 amazing facts about ajay devgan
- Ajay Devgan’s household name is Raju.
- Ajay Devgan has acted as a child artist in ‘Pyaari Behna’ (1985).
- Ajay has directed U Me Aur Hum (2008) and Shivaay (2016).
- Ajay aspires to do a film with Dilip Kumar. He had also planned a film with Dilip Sahab titled ‘Asar: The Impact’ but due to some reason the film could not take off, which Ajay still regrets.
- Ajay Devgan has received the National Award for Best Actor for Zakhm (1998) and The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2002).
- Ajay was ridiculed for his appearance when he came to films, but Amitabh Bachchan called Ajay a ‘dark horse’ and Ajay stood the test of Big B.
- Ajay Devgan does not like to give long interviews.
- Ajay’s entire family is a worshiper of Goddess Durga and he also visits Ajmer’s Dargah Sharif every year to offer Chadar.
- In 1995, Devgan and his wife Kajol appeared in a mutual relationship after the film Gundaraj. At that time the media used to call them “An Unlikely Pair” because of the difference in their complexion.
- Devgan is the first Bollywood personality to have a private jet of his own.