Bobby Flay (Robert William Flay) is a famous American chef, reality TV personality and restaurateur.
Flay is the owner and executive chef of several restaurants including: Mesa Grill in Las Vegas and Nassau; American Bar in New York and at the Mohegan Sun; Bobby Flay Steak in Atlantic City; Gato in New York and Bobby’s Burger Palace in 19 locations in 11 states. He is featured in the Great Chefs television series.
BOBBY FLAY AGE
Robert William Flay was born on December 10, 1964 in New York City, United States. He is 54 years old in 2018.
FAMILY BOBBY FLAY
Flay was born as a fourth generation Irish American to Bill and Dorothy Flay. He grew up a Catholic in Manhattan’s Upper East Side and attended denominational schools.
BOBBY FLAY GIRLFRIEND | INCONTRI BOBBY FLAY | BOBBY FLAY AFFAIR
Flay has been dating Canadian actress, singer and dancer Heléne Yorke since February 2016.
BOBBY FLAY WIFE | BOBBY FLAY È SPOSATO? | BOBBY FLAY DIVORCE
Bobby has been married and divorced three times.
BOBBY FLAY DEBRA PONZEK
Flay married Debra Ponzek, a fellow chef on May 11, 1991. The couple divorced in 1993.
BOBBY FLAY, MOGLIE KATE CONNELLY
In 1995, Bobby married his second wife, Kate Connelly and has a daughter. The couple separated in 1998 and later divorced.
BOBBY FLAY STEPHANIE MARZO
On February 20, 2005, Flay married actress Stephanie March and, according to media reports, the couple separated in March 2015. Their divorce was finalized on July 17, 2015.
BOBBY FLAY KIDS | BOBBY FLAY CHILDREN | FIGLIA DI BOBBY FLAY
Flay has a daughter Sophie Flay from her second marriage to Kate Connelly .
BOBBY FLAY CAREER
Bobby asked for an Easy-Bake oven for Christmas at the age of 8 and despite his dad’s objections, he got it along with a GI Joe that his dad thought was more genre-friendly.
He left high school at 17. His first jobs in the restaurant business were in a pizzeria and Baskin-Robbins, then he took a salad-making job at Joe Allen Restaurant in the Manhattan theater district, where his father was a partner. The owner, Joe Allen, was impressed with Flay’s natural ability and agreed to pay his partner’s son’s tuition at the French Culinary Institute. Flay earned a degree in culinary arts and was a member of the first graduate class of the French Culinary Institute in 1984. After school, he began working as a sous-chef and quickly learned the culinary arts.
While at the Brighton Grill on Third Avenue, he was entrusted with the position of executive chef after a week in which the executive chef was fired. Then he stopped when he realized he wasn’t ready to run a kitchen. However, he took up a position as a chef working for restaurateur Jonathan Waxman at Bud and Jams. Waxman introduced Bobby to Southwestern and Cajun cuisine, which later defined his culinary career.
RISTORANTI BOBBY FLAY | MESA GRILL BOBBY FLAY
Flay caught the attention of restaurateur Jerome Kretchmer, looking for a Southwestern-style chef who was impressed with his food and offered him the position of executive chef at the Mesa Grill, which opened on January 15, 1991. Flay became a partner shortly after. He teamed up with Laurence Kretchmer to open Bolo Bar & Restaurant in November 1993 in the Flatiron neighborhood, just blocks from Mesa Grill.
RISTORANTE BOBBY FLAY LAS VEGAS | RISTORANTE BOBBY FLAY VEGAS
In 2004, Flay opened a second Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and in 2005 he opened Bar Americain, an American brasserie in Midtown Manhattan. Flay continued to expand its restaurants
The Las Vegas Nesa Grill earned him his only Michelin Star in 2008, which was later taken from him in the 2009 edition. The company did not release a 2010 or 2011 Las Vegas edition, so the star could not be re-earned.
BOBBY FLAY RESTAURANTS NEW YORK
Flay’s original Mesa Grill, which was in New York, closed in September 2013 following a proposed rent increase from the owner.
BOBBY FLAY BURGER
On July 15, 2008, Bobby’s Burger Palace (BBP) opened in Lake Grove, Long Island, at the Smith Haven Mall. He opened a second one on December 5, 2008, at the Monmouth Mall in Eatontown, New Jersey. Flay continued to open new locations and in total BBP has nineteen locations in eleven states and the District of Columbia.
BOBBY FLAY FOOD NETWORK
Bobby has hosted fourteen cooking and special shows on the Food Network and Cooking Channel. Eight of the show continue to run.
- The boy meets the grill
- Barbecue con Bobby Flay
- To throw!
- The best thing I’ve ever eaten
- Brunch @ Bobby’s
- The main ingredient with Bobby Flay
- Bobby’s Dinner Battle (premiered January 16, 2013)
- Beat Bobby Flay (premiered August 24, 2013)
THROWDOWN CON BOBBY FLAY
In the program, the boss challenges the chef renowned for a specific dish or a type of cuisine to a preparation of their signature dish. Harlem chef Melba Wilson and Bobby confronted in Season 4 Episode 5 over who had the best eggnog and chicken waffles.
BOBBY FLAY IRON CHEF
Bobby is an Iron Chef on the Iron Chef America show. When the original Iron Chef show traveled to New York for a special battle in 2000, Flay challenged Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto to battle the rock crab. After an hour of battle, Bobby stood on top of his cutting board and raised his arms in what one reporter wrote was ‘in premature victory’. he lost the battle and challenged Morimoto to a rematch in Morimoto’s native Japan by winning this time.
The two teamed up to face fellow Iron Chef Mario Batali and Hiroyuki Sakai in the Iron Chef America: Battle of the Masters ‘Tag Team’ battle they won.
BOBBY FLAY GIADA
On November 12, 2006, in a special episode of Iron Chef America, Bobby and Giada De Laurentiis faced off and were defeated by Batali and Rachael Ray. It was the highest-rated show ever to air on Food Network.
Bobby and Michael Symon defeated the Iron Chefs squad Cat Cora and Masaharu Morimoto in a special episode titled ‘Thanksgiving Showdown’, which initially aired on November 16, 2008.
FOOD NETWORK BATTERE BOBBY FLAY
It’s a half-hour series that pits selected chefs against host Flay to see if they can create better dishes than his. Being her most successful series on Food Network the previous season, episode 5 of season 17 which featured Debbie Gibson and Katie Lee was rather chosen as the main show of 2018 for Food Network Star season 14.
BOBBY FLAY COOKBOOK | BOOKS BY BOBBY FLAY
Flay is the author of several cookbooks, including:
- Bold American food
- From my kitchen to your table
- The boy meets the grill
- American cuisine
- The boy gets the grill
- Grilling for life
- Mesa Grill Cookbook
- Grill It!
- Burgers, fries and smoothies
- Bar Americain Cookbook: Celebrate America’s Great Flavors
- To throw
- Barbecue addiction
BOBBY FLAY TV SHOWS
Some of Bobby’s TV shows include:
- Throwdown con Bobby Flay
- Batti Bobby Flay
- Star of the food web
- The worst cooks in America
- The Bobby and Damaris show
- SBrunch @ Bobby’s
- Barbecue addiction
- Thanks from Bobby’s
- The 10 best restaurants with Food Network Magazine
- Grill It!
- Grillin e Chillin
- Bobby’s Dinner Battle
- 3 days of opening
- Bobby’s Ireland
- The main ingredient
- Caro Food Network
- Classroom cable
- Barbecue con Bobby Flay
- All-Star Kitchen Makeover
- Hot on the grill
- Chef Mentor
- The best of America’s worst cooks
BOBBY FLAY HORSES
Bobby has a personal interest in thoroughbred horse racing. He is also the owner of more than one winner of a ranked betting race. They include More Than Real, who won the prestigious Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf 2010 and is also the owner of Creator, which won the third jewel in Belmont’s triple stakes crown.
Flay serves on the Breeders’ Cup board of directors and was running for president in 2014 but was not elected.
BOBBY FLAY RECIPES | BOBBY FLAY PLATES
BRUNCH, BREAKFAST, WINTER, MEDITERRANEAN, HEALTHY, COMFORT FOOD, B-TEAM RECIPES
Inspired by Harvest Porridge from Le Pain Quotidien
Servings: 4 to 6
6 cups unsweetened almond milk
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons pure grade B maple syrup
1 cup semi-pearled spelled *
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup chopped dried apricots ( or other nuts such as cherries, cranberries or blueberries)
Chopped Roasted Nuts (such as Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts, Hazelnuts)
Roasted Coconut Flakes (Dang Roasted Coconut Chips are a favorite and Trader Joe’s has a good line too)
Sliced Ripe Bananas
1. Place the almond milk, salt, vanilla and maple syrup in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Incorporate the spelled, bring back to the boil, lower the heat to medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add the nuts and continue cooking until the spelled is tender and most of the milk has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes more, adding more almond milk if necessary
2. Pour the porridge into bowls and garnish with any or all of the optional toppings. My favorite combination is apricot / almond / coconut!
* Wondering what kind of spelled do you have? Check the cooking time shown on the package; it is more reliable than the name: if it says that it cooks in an interval of 25-45 minutes, it is semi-pearly. Whole spelled generally requires a pre-dough and will have a longer cooking time and pearl spelled, or quick cooking, will have a cooking time of about 10-15 minutes. The best solution will be the semi-pearly variety.
Roasted leg of lamb stuffed with Dijon and aromatic herbs
SPRING RECIPES, DINNER, LAMB, HOLIDAY, B-TEAM
For 6 people (with leftovers)
10 cloves of garlic
4 anchovy fillets
½ cup harvested dill fronds
2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
4 tablespoons thyme leaves
¼ cup rosemary leaves
½ cup oregano leaves
1 cup mint leaves
¼ cup capers
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Zest of 1 lemon
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend repeatedly until all minced and combined.
Unused paste should last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days when stored in a clean container with a tight-fitting lid.
Roast Leg of Lamb
1 4-pound leg of lamb, boneless, removed from the refrigerator 1-2 hours prior to cooking
½ cup Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups herb pasta (from top)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400º F. Using the point of a sharp knife, engrave the top side of the lamb in a cross-hatch / diamond pattern. Season generously with salt and pepper and turn to the other side. Season with salt and pepper and then brush a layer of Dijon mustard all over, from head to head. Layer generously in the herb paste, completely covering the Dijon on all exposed areas.
2. Carefully roll up the lamb and tie it in 5 places to secure it. Note: Any herb paste that comes out of the meat shouldn’t be wasted! Just rub it on the etched side, getting it into all the little crevices for a more delicious flavor.
3. Place a large cast iron skillet (or any baking or baking dish) over high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil starts to shine, place the lamb in the pan and saute until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn the lamb to brown all sides. Once seared, place the pan in the preheated oven and roast until cooked – about 50 minutes for medium cooking, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 130º.
4. Remove the lamb from the oven and let it rest for at least 15 minutes. Cut all the strings and discard. Slice the lamb to taste, spread on a serving dish and serve.
BOBBY FLAY COLESLAW
- 1 green cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of the best quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of grated Spanish onion
- sugar 2 tablespoons, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons of celery salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the chopped cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to mix and taste for seasoning; if you wish, add more salt, pepper or sugar.
Servings: 8 Total time: 10 minutes
NET WORTH OF BOBBY FLAY | SALARY OF BOBBY FLAY
The celebrity chef has an estimated net worth of $ 30 million. According to the 2012 Forbes report, Flay receives a salary of $ 9 million.
WHERE DID BOBBY FLAY COME FROM? | WHERE DOES BOBBY FLAY LIVE?
Flay is a native of New York City.
HEIGHT OF BOBBY FLAY | HOW TALL IS BOBBY FLAY?
The millionaire chef stands at a height of 1.79m.
BOBBY FLAY CAT
Flay’s childhood was filled with cats and it’s about rediscovering the joys of feline companionship with Nacho, who is an exceptionally large two-year-old Maine Coon.