There are foods that, due to their nutrients, are an aid to protect us from the formation of cancer cells. Discover them!
The cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide, being the main stomach, colon and breast cancer, lung, liver,. About 30% of cancer deaths are due to 5 risk factors that can be prevented : high body mass index, deficit in consumption of fruits and vegetables, sedentary lifestyle or lack of physical activity, tobacco consumption and alcohol consumption .
Join a healthy diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables , low in fat and rich in fiber with antioxidant properties that protect against cancer.
10 foods against cancer
The known as liquid gold slows cell proliferation and produces changes in the tumor. Ally to prevent cancer and slow its progression, it contains oleic acid, essential for the body. Take 3-5 tablespoons every day , better in raw and extra virgin olive oil.
Contains chemo-protective agents against cancer such as sulforaphane, capable of stopping the cell proliferation process of early stages of cancer of the prostate, colon, breast, liver, bladder, bones, pancreas, skin or leukemia.
Its active component, lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that prevents different types of cancer such as prostate, lung and stomach. They protect cells from the effects of oxidation and prevent cellular degeneration processes from leading to cancer.
Rich in antioxidants helps prevent breast and prostate cancer. It contains ellagic acid that inhibits the aromatase enzyme, which is the one that transforms androgens into estrogens and acts in the carcinogenesis of the breast, avoiding carcinogenic problems. Reddish fruits like watermelon and cherries.
A natural antioxidant and anticancer drink thanks to its polyphenol content, helps prevent cancers such as lung, skin and prostate. Studies claim that drinking 5 cups of green tea a day prevents advanced prostate cancer.
Source of vitamins, proteins, minerals, vegetable fibers, lipids and isoflavones; it can be an aid in relieving menopausal symptoms and preventing breast cancer.
Regulates intestinal flora preventing colon cancer. Bet on its skimmed version with hardly any fat. Other good options are kefir or cottage cheese.
The fiber in bread and whole grains, such as rye , accelerates intestinal transit and drags carcinogens that may be in the digestive tract, preventing stomach and colon cancer. It prevents carcinogens from being absorbed and protects against pancreatic and breast cancer.
Powerful natural anti-inflammatory with antithrombotic, cholesterol-lowering, hepatoprotective, antimicrobial, antioxidant and anticancer properties . Curcumin inhibits the growth of a large number of tumors such as those of the colon, liver, stomach, breast , ovaries, and leukemia.
Its intense green color is due to the chlorophyll it contains, a protective substance against cancer. And like lettuce, in general, all green leafy vegetables such as chard, spinach, endive …
Colorful fruits and vegetables to prevent cancer
* Active compound: Lipocene
* Reduces the incidence of cancerous pathologies, especially of the lung, prostate and digestive tract.
* Tomato, watermelon, red apple, grapefruit , cherry, blueberry, red grapes, pomegranate, raspberry, strawberry, beet, radish, red pepper, red onion, red potato.
* Active compound: Carotenoids. Folic acid
* Antioxidant, strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer and vision problems.
* Carrot , pumpkin, corn, yellow pepper, mango, orange, peach, papaya, persimmon, pineapple, melon, yellow kiwi, lemon, persimmon, dried apricots.
* Active compound: Vitamin C and Flavonoids
* Detoxifying harmful substances
* Lemon, banana
* Active compound: Chlorophyll
* Antioxidant with vitamins A, C, K and B9 that help prevent cancer .
* Cabbage, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, spinach , artichokes, green asparagus, chard, spinach, zucchini, parsley, beans …
* Active compound: Polyphenols
* Antioxidant properties called anthoxanthins, which help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
* Garlic, onions, bananas, nectarine and white pear, leeks, mushrooms , cauliflower.
* Active compound: Vitamin C, phenolic compounds and anthocyanins
* Antioxidant properties that fight against free radicals, reduce the risk of cancer, cell degeneration, memory problems and heart disease.
* Blueberry , blackberry, purple grape, currant, plum, red cabbage, purple carrot and eggplant.
* Active compound: Fiber
* Eliminates toxins and anticancer substances.
* Whole grains, quinoa, legumes.